Helping You Start Your Journey To A Healthy Sleeping Routine
At Krider Sleep Wellness Center, we prioritize your health and well-being. Before we recommend any treatment options for sleep apnea, we conduct a thorough sleep screening to gain a better understanding of your sleeping habits and identify the most effective approach to help you achieve a healthier and more restful sleep pattern. Rest assured, we’re committed to providing you with personalized and effective care to improve your quality of life.
Our sleep screening is done in three simple steps:
Intraoral and Extraoral Dental Exam
This is meant to look for any anatomical abnormalities that may be blocking your airway, allowing us to determine the most suitable appliance for your OSA.
The test is conducted to assess the nasal passages. The Rhinometer sends sound waves into your nose to evaluate the internal anatomy and determine if there are any obstructions in the nasal passage. If an obstruction is found, it can be addressed with nasal surgery or a nasal continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine.
Through this test, the shape of the airway and its collapsibility is evaluated by using sound waves The test measures the size and collapsibility of the airway.
If the airway is found to be collapsible, further testing is done to determine if it’s collapsing during sleep and causing OSA.
Home Sleep Test
We will send you home with a Home Sleep Monitor if your airway is found to be collapsible. The Home sleep test has an easy-to-wear monitor which records vital information that helps us to see what is going on with your breathing at night. It measures your oxygen levels, your heart rate, your sleep position, snoring, and how many times per hour you stop breathing or have decreased breathing.
The Home Sleep study is a great option for most patients because of the information it provides and it allows you to sleep in the comfort of your own bed. Each sleep test is read by a Board Certified Sleep Physician.
Once the home sleep test is read by the Sleep Physician, you will be scheduled with Dr. Krider to go over the results. If a diagnosis of Obstructive Sleep Apnea is found, Our team will discuss with you in detail the various OSA treatment options we offer to help you make an informed decision.
- If you agree to treatment, your Medical Insurance coverage for the chosen treatment will be checked
- A records appointment will be scheduled if you choose to wear an oral appliance for your therapy
- During the records appointment, the ideal jaw position to decrease airway collapse will be determined using the Pharyngometer
- The upper and lower digital scans and bite information will be taken and sent to the lab to make the therapy appliance
- Once the lab produces the appliance and delivers it to the office, an appointment will be scheduled for a try-in session to ensure a comfortable fit